Monday, June 13, 2011

Waiting, waiting, and more waiting.

I have always prided myself on being an optimistic person, mostly because I grew up in a pessimistic home and I knew I couldn't continue feeling bad.  As much as I try to think about the silver linings on certain situations, some just plain suck.  As optimistic as I am (through this whole fertility issues, I have become 'cautiously optimistic') one thing I am not is patient.  And waiting just sucks.  I know it is helping me become a more patient person, but honestly, I don't want to be!  Who's to say that being impatient is so wrong, like how I am trying to get my own way there?  Ugh....patience.

Coming up marks the dreaded wait on two huge parts of our life.  As anyone that is trying to get pregnant know, that terrible two week wait is the worst.  Add to that the wait of finding out if our appraisal and inspection of the new house come out well can make any impatient, optimistic or not, go crazy! 

This past weekend, my not-so-little brother was confirmed into the church and so we had a cook out for him.  He was then kidnapped by the youth group and was inducted.  It was a pretty exciting day for him. 

Being confirmed with his confirmation class of eight

Got to love 12 year old boys

Will and his seriously hideous cake I made

Getting kidnapped

Fighting back

Still wrestling with them

They've got him now

Taking him out

And he's gone....
Will said that he had a wonderful time at his first youth outing although he was a little upset with us that we set him up to be kidnapped.  But hey, its all in good fun!  I am sad that we didn't get any pictures taken during the actual cook out with all of our family.  It was a wonderful time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment